Dr Wolfgang Busch is a Group Leader conducting research on the systems genetics of root growth
Dr Busch joined the GMI as a Group Leader in January 2011. Previously he held a Postdoctoral Fellowship in the lab of Dr Philip Benfey at Duke University in the USA.
- Undergraduate Student of Biology: Eberhard-Karls-Universität, Tübingen, Germany, 1998
- Research semester: University of California, San Diego, USA, 2001
- Diploma (MSc equivalent) in Biology: Eberhard-Karls-Universität, Tübingen, Germany, 2004
- PhD: Max Planck Institute for Developmental Biology/Eberhard-Karls-Universität, Tübingen, Germany, 2009
Postdoctoral Training and Positions
- Postdoctoral Associate: IGSP Center for Systems Biology, Duke University, Durham, USA, 2008. Laboratory: Dr Philip Benfey.
Awards & Fellowships
- Fellowship of the Cusanuswerk, 2000
- PhD Fellowship of the Cusanuswerk, 2004
- PhD summa cum laude, 2008
- Doctoral Thesis Award, Reinhod-und-Maria-Teufel Foundation, 2009
- Society for Experimental Biology President's Medal, 2015
- Genome Web Young Investigator, 2015
Click here for a full list of Wolfgang's publications.