Dr Youssef Belkhadir is a Group Leader researching cell signaling at the interface of plant growth and defenses.
Dr Belkhadir joined the GMI as a Group Leader in July 2014. Previously he was a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Associate in the lab of Dr Joanne Chory at the SALK Institute for Biological Studies in the USA.
- Diploma (BSc equivalent): University of Paris VI-Jussieu, France, 2001
- Diploma (MSc equivalent) in Biology: University of Paris-Sud XI,Orsay, France, 2002
- PhD Molecular Genetics: University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, (NC, USA) , 2005
Professional Training and Positions Held
- Chief Scientific Officer at Atlas Genomics, Casablanca, Morocco- 2011-2013
- Research Associate, SALK Institute for Biological Studies-La Jolla, USA- 2006-2011 Advisor: Prof. Joanne Chory
- Doctoral researcher, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, USA- 2002-2005 Advisor: Prof. Jeff Dangl.
- Research assistant, Plant Genomic Research Unit, INRA, Evry, France-2001-2002 Advisor: Prof. Ian Small
- Research assistant, Plant Biotechnology Institute CNRS, Orsay, France, 2000-2001 Advisor: Prof. Michelle Bouvier
Awards & Fellowships
- Life Science Research Foundation-Howard Hughes Medical Institute, 2006
- The Philippe Foundation, 2007
- French Academy of Science, 2008
- University of Western Australia Science Fellowship, 2010
- Moroccan Start-Up Innovation Fund, 2012
Click here for all Youssef's publications