Each year the Vienna Biocenter Summer School provides a unique opportunity for 25 undergraduate students to work side by side with leading researchers in a dynamic scientific environment. The program attracts talented students from around the world, creating a vibrant and diverse atmosphere. It is perfect preparation for students interested in graduate study in the life sciences. Successful applicants are provided with accommodation, travel allowance and a stipend for the duration of the Scholarship.
The Summer School is a collaboration between four of Europe‘s leading research institutes:
- Gregor Mendel Institute (GMI)
- Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP)
- Institute of Molecular Biotechnology (IMBA)
- Max F. Perutz Labolatories (MFPL)
The program typically has four components:
- Independent Research Project
- Lecture Series
- Scientific Symposium
- Social Program
Summer 2015 Program
Participating GMI Groups
- Tracking Cell-Type Specific Protein Stability in vivo using Light-Sheet Microscopy
- How to turn a plant into a tumour – functional effector studies on effectors of the plant pathogenic fungus Ustilago maydis
* Please contact the group leader directly if you are interested in working with them in Summer 2015.